Is your Electrolux dryer making noise? We’ve got you covered. It’s not uncommon if your dryer makes noise when tumbling. There are many possible culprits that could be causing your dryer to sound odd.
In this guide, we’ll break down some of the most common reasons behind a noisy dryer and how to fix noisy Electrolux dryer with some expert DIY tips.
Troubleshooting an Electrolux Dryer Making Noise
Is your Electrolux dryer making grinding noises? Fear not, for there are several possible solutions to your problem. Below are the most common explanations of why your Electrolux dryer making noise while running.
#1. Electrolux Dryer Making Humming Noise
If your Electrolux dryer sounds normal during operation but makes a humming noise, don’t worry! This noise is generally normal during operation. This noise occurs when the blower motor draws air out from the inside of the dryer. However, if the humming noise changes or becomes louder, you may want to contact a technician.
#2. Dryer Makes a Grinding Sound
Are you wondering, “why is my Electrolux dryer so loud?” You’re not the first person to ask this question. Fortunately, a professional repair service can quickly resolve this issue for you. Whenever a clothes dryer starts making a grinding sound, it’s possible the drum glides are at fault.
Over time, the glides become worn, similar to how the drive belt can become worn. When this happens, the glides need to be replaced to get your unit sounding normal again.
#3. Electrolux Dryer Is Rattling
If you hear a rattling sound when your dryer is running, there’s a possibility that the fan or fan housing is at fault. Move the unit away from the wall slightly to resolve the issue.
Another cause of an Electrolux dryer making noise and rattling is if your unit is mounted on a pedestal. Items in the pedestal can move around and cause unusual sounds.
#4. Dryer Makes a Thumping Noise While Running
When your dryer starts making a loud thumping noise while tumbling, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need a repair. Many causes for this noise are a DIY fix! Try these quick tips before giving us a call:
- Bulky items: sheets, towels, and blankets often become twisted and bunched up while tumbling in your dryer. Not only will you notice your dryer takes too long to dry these items, but you’ll hear a loud thump or pounding noise. Shake out these items to resolve the issue.
- Drying shoes: while it may be quicker to dry your sneakers in the dryer, it can cause loud noises in your dryer. Try drying them on a rack instead.
- Lack of dyer use: the drum support rollers can become flat over time if you don’t use your dryer after a long period of time. Allow the dryer to run a few times to see if the issue resolves itself.
#5. Failed Electrolux Dryer Parts
The following are some common Electrolux dryer parts that fail and need to be replaced. Below, you will find the name of each part and the function it serves.
- Worn Drive Belt: The Electrolux dryer drive belt serves to turn the dryer drum while the drive motor turns. If the belt breaks, your dryer’s motor will still run, but the drum won’t move. You can check whether the drive belt is broken simply by lifting the top of the unit and inspecting the belt.
- Damaged Drum Roller: The drum roller is responsible for holding the drum in place while the drum rotates on the support wheels.
- Faulty Dryer Drum Roller Axle: The drum roller axle serves as an axle for your Electrolux dryer’s drum roller, allowing the drum to spin during the clothes drying process.
Now that you know why you may find your Electrolux dryer making noise, you can have an Electrolux dryer repair expert resolve the problem for you.