With ingredients as basic as cream and sugar, homemade ice cream seems just too easy. But how to satisfy that summer craving when you don’t have a fancy ice cream maker? The team at GFY Appliance Repair has a way to make homemade ice cream without a machine using only a hand mixer and freezer-proof pan.
Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine: Your Go-To Summer Treat
If you have some time and basic ingredients, homemade ice cream without a machine is not only possible but easy and delicious. We’ll provide a step-by-step guide to make ice cream at home whenever that summer craving hits. We’ll also share some of our favorite homemade ice cream recipes, just in time for National Ice Cream day on July 16th!
Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine in 4 Simple Steps
Knowing how to make ice cream without a machine is easy with basic kitchen supplies and ingredients. Important tip: factor in enough time for the pan to chill in the freezer before adding your ingredients. Enjoy this vanilla ice cream recipe on its own or as a base for the additional recipes below.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Shallow, freezer-safe bowl or pan
- Hand mixer
Steps to Make Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine:
- Freeze pan: place bowl or pan in the freezer for 2-4 hours to ensure ice cream freezes properly.
- Mix Ingredients: in a separate mixing bowl, combine ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Transfer Mixture: pour mixture into frozen pan and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes. When ice cream has begun to harden around the edges, remove and beat with hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Place pan back in the freezer.
- Continue to remove ice cream from the freezer every 30 minutes, beating with a hand mixer 4-5 more times until smooth and creamy. Store in covered, freezer-proof container until ready to serve.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Homemade ice cream without a machine is even better when sandwiched between two homemade cookies. A snickerdoodle’s cinnamon sugar flavor perfectly complements the vanilla ice cream with dough that can be mixed up in minutes. After assembling, allow the sandwiches to freeze overnight, so they stay together for each sugary, creamy bite.
Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Adding strawberry cheesecake flavor to basic vanilla ice cream can satisfy two cravings in one dessert. This summer treat is a great way to make ice cream with a blender, whipping up the ingredients in minutes. Simply combine the ice cream base with cream cheese and whipping cream before pureeing fresh strawberries. Mix the two together and freeze for a new way to enjoy your two favorite indulgences.
Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce
When you make ice cream without ice cream maker, there’s plenty of time left to create mouthwatering toppings. These pineapple slices are baked with a ginger-infused rum sauce, bringing out the rich vanilla flavor of the ice cream. Pour the sauce over the ice cream while it’s still warm, sprinkle with crushed gingersnaps, and pretend you’re in a tropical paradise.
We at GFY Appliance Repair hope you enjoy making homemade ice cream without a machine this summer!